- 1/2 whole chicken breast
- 1/4 whole celery stalk
- 1/8 whole onion
- 1/3 butternut squash
- 1/4C brown lentils – dry
- 1/4C vegetable broth – low sodium
- 1/4 sprig rosemary
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- Pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp Parmesan cheese- shaved
- Parsley, to taste
1. Chop celery and onion. Peel, seed and cut butternut squash into 1-1/2 inch chunks.
2. Combine all ingredients, except parmesan shavings and parsley, and ½ C water. Cover slow cooker with lid, and cook on low for 8 hours according to manufacturers’ directions.
3. To serve, spoon lentil stew into serving bowls; top with Parmesan shavings, and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Per serving: 378 calories, 3 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 417 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 19 g fiber, 44 g protein
Curves Complete Phases 1 & 2: Enjoy as is! Phase 3, enjoy a larger portion with 1 T Parmesan cheese and a slice of whole wheat bread, gluten free bread, or crackers.