Breakfast- is it the most important meal of the day? While nutritionists have recently dismissed this idea, it is undisputable that a healthy breakfast goes a long way in setting you up for a good day. This easy and versatile recipe is a great way to fit in a nutrient-dense breakfast on the busiest days, even when you snooze your alarm clock that 5 minutes more than you should have!
Prepared and left in the fridge overnight, this Bircher muesli is your new rushed morning saviour! Packed with oats, chia seeds as well as anti-oxidising fruits, this filling breakfast bowl will keep you going all the way through to lunch – no more mid-morning snacking needed! In the name of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, we’ve adapted this versatile recipe to include fruit and nuts containing anti-cancer properties, such as apples, dates, blueberries, raisins and brazil nuts. While blueberries, raisins and dates are renowned for their high antioxidant count, which combat disease in the body, the fibre in apples produces chemicals that specifically fight cancer and brazil nuts are high in selenium, which helps repair cells.
Follow our tasty and nutritious for overnight Bircher muesli and bring the brightness back into your mornings!
Ingredients for 2 servings
- 100 g oats
- 2 tablespoons white chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 350 ml milk
- 2 large, finely chopped dates
- A splash of all-natural vanilla extract
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 medium-sized apples
- 1 pinch of ground cinnamon
- A small handful of raisins and blueberries
- A handful of smashed brazil nuts
- The night before eating, put the oats, chia seeds and pumpkin seeds into a bowl or container, pour over the milk, and add the maple syrup.
- Then, add the vanilla and lemon juice. Mix well, then cover and pop into the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, slice the apples into medium-width wedges and sprinkle the cinnamon.
- Next, add the raisins, blueberries and finely chopped dates. Fold these thoroughly through the oats and seeds to create a dynamic and flavourful mix.
- To finish, add the brazil nuts to give your breakfast that extra bite.
It’s just as easy as that! All the taste and none of the stress! Find out how Curves can help you on your fitness journey by booking your free consultation now, or contacting your nearest club.